Count ’em – 1,000 retailers participating in this year’s Fashion’s Night Out event in NYC! Ah-mazing to say the least, and not a bad kick-off earlier this week with the biggest public fashion show ever. Oh Anna, how you continue to outdo yourself! Anyway, here’s a list of some fabulous NYC events tonight to get this party started right.. wish I was there!
1. BARNEYS because Simon Doonan has EVERYONE here.. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen and Proenza Shouler’s Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough will judge a karaoke contest. Singing not your thing? Try ping pong with the guys from Rag & Bone or Shipley & Halmos. Or get a glamour shot of Daphne Guinness in Comme des Garçons fragrances.
2. BLOOMIES with plenty of personal appearances from Michael Kors, Lela Rose, Kay Unger, Carmen Marc Valvo and Milly. They also have ping pong (perhaps the industry’s newest obsession after cats).
3. BERGDORF GOODMAN for another karaoke party hosted by Patrick McMullan with expected attendees including Nicole Richie, Nicholas Kirkwood, Cynthia Rowley and Norma Kamali. Oh and Victoria Beckham is doing some sort of meet-and-greet too. As if that’s not enough, Bergdorf’s is THE dog-lover destination and there will be a dog fashion show with designers Reem Acra, James Mischka and Thakoon strutting down the runway with their pets.
4. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND to get chummy with designers from Gilded Age, Thread Social and Pamela Love. 351 West Broadway .
5. OPENING CEREMONY IN THE ACE HOTEL because they’re setting up a French flea market in the lobby! AND, Alexander Wang, the Rodarte sisters and Joseph Altuzarra will all be there. 20 West 29th Street.
6. BALENCIAGA in Chelsea with Nicolas Ghesquière and a photography exhibit of Cindy Sherman’s Untitled (Balenciaga) Series. Karen Elson will also be signing copies her debut album. 542 West 22 Street bt 10th and 11th Aves.
7. HELMUT LANG with a block party. Mark the Cobrasnake will be there (hey wait, shouldn’t he be in LA for THEIR FNO).. anyway, this is your hipster destination of the night. 819 Washington Street.
8. MONCLER because they’re celebrating the opening of their first U.S. store on FNO! 90 Prince Street.
9. ELIZABETH & JAMES pop up Shop co-hosted by Fab and PopSugar. First time all Elizabeth & James lines (ladies, men’s, jewelry, shoes, Textile denim) will be sold in 1 space. 632 Hudson Street. In case you don’t make it there tonight, the pop-up runs Sept. 10-16 and there’s a party on Sunday from 2-4 p.m.
**BONUS – if you’re in the MPD, do the Foursquare Scavenger Hunt and check into stores for a chance to win a $5,000 shopping spree and a stay at The Standard. To be entered just include the store’s twitter alias and the hashtag #FNOmeat wherever you check in to be entered.
For more info and ALL event listings, consult the Fashion’s Night Out website.